Personal Lines Insurance Account Manager
Join Our Team as a Personal Lines Insurance Account Manager. Are you passionate about helping people with their Personal Line insurance needs? Do you want to work at a place that values you, your work-life balance and having a good time while doing your job?
If you said yes to any of these questions, then Crane Agency is the place for you. We’re an award-winning agency known for being a Top Workplace, Healthiest Employer and one of the Best Places to Work.
As a Personal Lines Insurance Account Manager at Crane, here’s what you’ll do:
- Guide clients: You’ll manage a personal lines book of business, build solid relationships to understand the client’s insurance needs, answer questions and provide professional customer consultation.
- Account management: Handle all account transactions using our management system—including applications, quotations, ID cards, endorsements, binders, claims, renewals, follow-ups and correspondence.
- Connect people: You’ll be the link between clients, insurance companies and our team, ensuring clients get the best insurance products and rates.
- Policy consultation: Discuss policy changes, updates and coverage options, including ways to save money with bundle options.
- Policy review: Review new business, renewals and endorsements to ensure accuracy.
- Upgrade protection: You’ll use your expertise to suggest additional coverage options, rounding out accounts to ensure clients have the right amount of insurance protection.
- Client retention: Work with clients who want to cancel to keep their business.
- Negotiate: Talk to company underwriters to avoid cancellations and find alternative solutions.
- Documentation: Keep meticulous records in our agency management system to prevent errors and omissions.
- Stay informed: Through seminars and classes, you’ll keep up with the latest insurance rules and policies.
To be a successful candidate, you should:
- Know personal lines insurance underwriting and rating inside and out, including auto, home, boat and recreational policies.
- Be well-versed in insurance practices and procedures.
- Be willing to work on-site 5 days a week during the training program with the potential of hybrid.
- Be customer-focused with a friendly and positive attitude.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be comfortable with computers and have professional phone etiquette.
- Pay close attention to detail and follow up on tasks effectively.
- Excel in problem-solving and multitasking, even in a fast-paced environment.
At Crane, we get you because we’ve been there. Our organization was founded by business owners and families just like yours. We help our clients prepare for the unexpected by offering the insurance products they need for business and personal needs. We go beyond insurance, offering resources like Risk Management, Claims Consulting, Bonds and Employee Benefits Consulting.
With over 275 dedicated employees, we’re committed to being the best in our industry. We use innovation and technology to provide responsive and reliable service, exceeding customer expectations. We value long-term relationships with our clients, employees and communities we serve.
Founded in 1885, Crane has stood the test of time, and we continue to thrive by protecting what matters most.