Insurance Professionals & Support Staff
Crane Agency is excited to be named one of the 2019 Best Places to Work in St. Louis. We are also excited to be named a 2017, 2018, and 2019 Top Workplace. We are especially grateful that our talented employees have chosen the Crane Agency as their work family!
At Crane, we hold fast to our principles of honesty, fairness, and family values. We appreciate long term relationships with our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
At Crane, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit where every employee feels empowered to experiment with new approaches and offer fresh ideas. We encourage a strong culture in which our employees are able to unleash their full potential, know that it is safe to fail so they can attempt new, ever more challenging feats, and practice transparency. We trust our employees to rise to the challenge!
At Crane, work is more than just a nine-to-five. We believe our work provides real purpose where contributions are supported and appreciated!
If you are interested in a career that offers excellent personal and professional rewards, Crane Agency is the perfect choice. Please review our job postings below to view our current openings, or for more information about joining Crane Agency, contact Margot Gruenewald at email@example.com or (314) 444-4800.
Established Insurance Brokers & Agency Owners
Crane is focused on the future and actively seeking growth opportunities in St. Louis and other cities throughout the country. We are looking for established Insurance Brokers and Agencies, with an entrepreneurial spirit, to join our winning team.
How is Crane different? Our brokers own their business, which allows them to maintain control while taking full advantage of all of the resources Crane Agency has to offer.
What resources does Crane provide? Crane Agency offers many services to support our brokers and clients including Risk Management & Loss Control Services, Claims Consulting, Quality Control Services and Commercial Lines Marketing. We also offer Employee Benefits Consulting as well as Surety and Fidelity support and Personal Lines.
What services does Crane provide to support my business? Crane has a team of Human Resources professionals to provide assistance with staffing needs. Our HR Director works closely with each unit to find team members that are just the right fit. We also provide agency management system training, IT support, coverage training, on-site CE classes, and much, much more.
Why choose the Crane Agency? Crane Agency is one of the largest and oldest, independently held, full service insurance brokerage firms in the United States. We have long standing, established relationships with virtually every major insurance carrier and clients in all 50 States. Crane has over 270 employees who are driven to be the best in our industry. We value long term relationships with our clients, our employees and the communities we serve.
Support assigned producer(s) by placing and processing new commercial business, account development, and renewal retention. Service assigned commercial accounts.
- Prepare new business and renewal submissions (ACORD applications, risk narratives, photos, site diagrams, and loss runs). Submit them to carriers and/or Crane’s Marketing Department. Follow up to insure timely responses, check all quotations for accuracy and coordinate all with Producer and/or client/prospect.
- Prepare applications, submit to insureds, carriers or Marketing Department; follow up to insure timely responses.
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes; inform and educate clients about coverages, exclusions, exposures and audits; document agency management system.
- Provide technical support to Producer(s) to include survey policy coverages and identify cross-selling and upgrading opportunities.
- Prepare quotations, coverage summaries/comparisons, proposals and recommendations needed to insure clients’ understanding of coverages.
- Renew and remarket accounts as needed in conjunction with Producer(s) and agency standards.
High school diploma or equivalent required; college coursework a plus. Complete knowledge of insurance practices and procedures of the agency and industry.
Current Property & Casualty Producer’s license required; CIC or CPCU completed or in process a plus.
Candidate must have excellent prioritization and organizational skills. Candidate must possess a friendly, positive attitude with a willingness to help others. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written skills, a professional telephone manner, the ability to establish effective relationships with staff and clients and the ability to work on highly detailed work under pressure and with time constraints.