Join Our Team as a Commercial Lines Customer Service Rep Trainee
Do you enjoy helping others and want to learn more about the insurance industry?
If you’re ready to embark on a career that offers boundless opportunities for growth, personal fulfillment and a chance to make a real impact, look no further. At Crane Agency, we’re not just hiring; we’re on the hunt for exceptional individuals eager to become the best in the insurance industry. We’re an award-winning agency known for being a Top Workplace, Healthiest Employer and one of the Best Places to Work. Our commitment to excellence, unwavering support and collaborative work environment make us the perfect place for you to launch your career.
What You’ll Do:
As a Commercial Lines Customer Service Rep Trainee, you’ll be a crucial part of our Broker Services Unit (BSU), focusing on client service. With the BSU’s guidance, you’ll learn to interact with customers, insurance markets and producer units. Plus, we’ll help you obtain your Missouri Property & Casualty Producers license.
- Submission preparation: Prepare new business and renewal submissions, ensuring they’re complete and accurate. We’ll provide necessary tools like ACORD applications, risk narratives, loss runs and more. You’ll submit these to carriers or our Marketing Department and follow up to ensure a prompt response.
- Account management: Handle all account transactions using our management system—including applications, proposals, summaries, audits, endorsements, certificates, ID cards, binders, cancellations and more. You’ll keep the client informed throughout the process and manage non-renewals effectively.
- Client proposals: Prepare clear and concise proposals for clients. We want to ensure they understand their insurance programs and any recommendations we make.
- Documentation: Keep meticulous records in our agency management system to prevent errors and omissions.
- Teamwork: Work closely with the producer to achieve our unit’s strategic goals. Strong collaboration and communication are essential.
To thrive in this role, you should:
- Pass the P&C Licensing exam before your start date.
- Be willing to work on-site during the training program with the potential of hybrid.
- Have the ability to learn new technology.
- Be responsible, disciplined and a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Prioritize customer satisfaction and offer positive solutions.
- Be a flexible team player and an organized multi-tasker.
- Desire to learn and meet expectations.
At Crane, we get you because we’ve been there. Our organization was founded by business owners and families just like yours. We help our clients prepare for the unexpected by offering the insurance products they need for business and personal needs. We go beyond insurance, offering resources like Risk Management, Claims Consulting, Bonds and Employee Benefits Consulting.
With over 275 dedicated employees, we’re committed to being the best in our industry. We use innovation and technology to provide responsive and reliable service, exceeding customer expectations. We value long-term relationships with our clients, employees and communities we serve.
Founded in 1885, Crane has stood the test of time, and we continue to thrive by protecting what matters most. To learn more about Crane Agency, visit our website at www.craneagency.com.
Ready to launch your career? Apply today and be a part of something special at Crane.