Serves in a consultative role to provide a high level of service in obtaining, maintaining and expanding commercial accounts. May work with and supervise CL Account Managers and CL CSRs.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with Producer(s) to meet unit’s strategic objectives.
- Prepare new business and renewal submissions (ACORD applications, risk narratives, photos, site diagrams, and loss runs). Submit them to carriers and/or Crane’s Marketing Department. Follow up to ensure timely responses, check all quotations for accuracy and coordinate all with Producer and/or client/prospect.
- Investigate insurance company non-renewals; manage the remarketing process with the insured. Keep the insured advised of developments throughout the process.
- Prepare proposals for delivery to the insured/prospect. Include coverage summaries and recommendations as needed to ensure clients’ understanding of the insurance program provided.
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage and limits changes. Keep clients up-to-date on market and policy changes as they are affected by these situations. Document agency management system.
- Assist in the design of special insurance plans and other risk management solutions for clients.
- Visit key clients and/or prospects in person.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Prompt and reliable attendance required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines. This job may also work in various clients’ locations, with varying conditions and elements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Commercial lines product knowledge and risk management expertise. Minimum of 7 years’ experience. Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
Producer’s license; CIC and CRM preferred or willing to complete within first 5 years.
Friendly, positive attitude; willingness to help others; good organizational and prioritization skills; customer focused; excellent written and oral communication skills; effective problem solving techniques; ability to adapt to changing situations in a fast paced environment; ability to work on highly detailed work under pressure with time constraints.