Insurance Professionals & Support Staff
Crane Agency is excited to be named one of the 2018 Top Workplaces in St. Louis. This is the second year in a row that we have received this prestigious honor. We are especially grateful that our talented employees have chosen the Crane Agency as their work family!
At Crane, we hold fast to our principles of honesty, fairness, and family values. We appreciate long term relationships with our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
At Crane, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit where every employee feels empowered to experiment with new approaches and offer fresh ideas. We encourage a strong culture in which our employees are able to unleash their full potential, know that it is safe to fail so they can attempt new, ever more challenging feats, and practice transparency. We trust our employees to rise to the challenge!
At Crane, work is more than just a nine-to-five. We believe our work provides real purpose where contributions are supported and appreciated!
If you are interested in a career that offers excellent personal and professional rewards, Crane Agency is the perfect choice. Please review our job postings below to view our current openings, or for more information about joining Crane Agency, contact Margot Gruenewald at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 444-4800.
Established Insurance Brokers & Agency Owners
Crane is focused on the future and actively seeking growth opportunities in St. Louis and other cities throughout the country. We are looking for established Insurance Brokers and Agencies, with an entrepreneurial spirit, to join our winning team.
How is Crane different? Our brokers own their business, which allows them to maintain control while taking full advantage of all of the resources Crane Agency has to offer.
What resources does Crane provide? Crane Agency offers many services to support our brokers and clients including Risk Management & Loss Control Services, Claims Consulting, Quality Control Services and Commercial Lines Marketing. We also offer Employee Benefits Consulting as well as Surety and Fidelity support and Personal Lines.
What services does Crane provide to support my business? Crane has a team of Human Resources professionals to provide assistance with staffing needs. Our HR Director works closely with each unit to find team members that are just the right fit. We also provide agency management system training, IT support, coverage training, on-site CE classes, and much, much more.
Why choose the Crane Agency? Crane Agency is one of the largest and oldest, independently held, full service insurance brokerage firms in the United States. We have long standing, established relationships with virtually every major insurance carrier and clients in all 50 States. Crane has over 270 employees who are driven to be the best in our industry. We value long term relationships with our clients, our employees and the communities we serve.
If you are a Broker or an Agency Owner and would like to find out more information about joining Crane Agency, please contact Joel Karsten at email@example.com or (636) 537-5079.
Support assigned producer(s) by placing and processing new commercial business, account development, and renewal retention. Service assigned commercial accounts.
- Prepare new business and renewal submissions (ACORD applications, risk narratives, photos, site diagrams, and loss runs). Submit them to carriers and/or Crane’s Marketing Department. Follow up to insure timely responses, check all quotations for accuracy and coordinate all with Producer and/or client/prospect.
- Prepare applications, submit to insureds, carriers or Marketing Department; follow up to insure timely responses.
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes; inform and educate clients about coverages, exclusions, exposures and audits; document agency management system.
- Provide technical support to Producer(s) to include survey policy coverages and identify cross-selling and upgrading opportunities.
- Prepare quotations, coverage summaries/comparisons, proposals and recommendations needed to insure clients’ understanding of coverages.
- Renew and remarket accounts as needed in conjunction with Producer(s) and agency standards.
High school diploma or equivalent required; college coursework a plus. Complete knowledge of insurance practices and procedures of the agency and industry.
Current Property & Casualty Producer’s license required; CIC or CPCU completed or in process a plus.
Candidate must have excellent prioritization and organizational skills. Candidate must possess a friendly, positive attitude with a willingness to help others. Candidate must have excellent verbal and written skills, a professional telephone manner, the ability to establish effective relationships with staff and clients and the ability to work on highly detailed work under pressure and with time constraints.
Demonstrate an effective and efficient use of the department workflow procedures by properly conducting the sale and installation of all benefits products. Possess the expertise to assist the producer in achieving the level of service required by his/her clients. Assist in the sales process as needed.
- Develop strategic and client specific service action plans and successfully execute the tactics/strategies.
- Successfully install new and renewed business to include the installation of case with chosen carrier, record build out, data maintenance on agency systems, coordinating employee meetings, reviewing compliance issues, initiating and executing planning discussions, documenting files, and logging activities.
- Re-market existing accounts on existing lines of coverage and market for new lines and opportunities.
- Produce and collate accurate and timely spreadsheets and proposals.
- Assist producers with on-site meetings when requested.
- Resolve claims, billing, administration, and other issues on a timely basis. Document accordingly within agency systems.
- Keep clients abreast of legislative, products, services, and market changes.
- Stay current in small and large case products, services, legislative changes, administration, competition, laws, ERISA/DOL/IRS/Insurance regulations, HR issues, and worksite benefits.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the producer and their clients
- Act as the individual health/dental/Medicare supplement & Medicare Part D sales support person.
- Attend requested meetings and training sessions sponsored by insurance carriers.
High school diploma or equivalent required; must have prior experience with an insurance brokerage agency or a benefits carrier.
Current Life and Health license held in Missouri and Illinois.
Friendly, positive attitude; willingness to help others; good organizational and prioritization skills; customer focused; excellent written and oral communication skills; effective problem solving techniques; ability to adapt to changing situations in a fast paced environment; ability to work on highly detailed work under pressure with time constraints.
To assist all department teammates in the acquisition and retention of benefits clients by providing accurate, consistent, and timely administrative support while demonstrating an effective and efficient use of departmental workflow procedures.
- Maintain carrier and client data in benefits management system including leads, prospects, addresses (mail and email), phone numbers, titles, responsibilities, etc. Scan and load/file data as requested.
- Perform on-line rating, spread-sheeting, and/or proposals as requested.
- Send out electronic RFP’s when requested and log receipt inside benefits management system.
- Monitor carrier websites and mail for renewals. Appropriately log, track activity, obtain renewal file, and assign to appropriate representative for handling.
- Check benefits management system for prospect and client databanks when coordinating/logging new opportunities, leads, and, prospects. Correct/update data as needed.
- Assist in administrative duties to include typing, mailing, filing, and follow-up.
- Assist with getting correct forms to those who request it.
- Assist with office meeting coordination to include the coordination/scheduling of carriers.
- Assist with appropriate licensing/appointments.
High School diploma or its equivalent. Business School, Associate’s degree, or equivalent a plus. Three to four years related experience with Microsoft Office products and the Internet. Must be familiar with working in a fast paced environment.
Ability to obtain Missouri Life and Health license a plus.
Self motivated, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Professional appearance and telephone manner is essential. Must be detailed oriented and possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to switch between multiple projects effortlessly. Must be able to perform all duties in an accurate and timely fashion. Excellent follow up and time management skills are a must!